The TCMH Difference
The Catskill Mountain House is a one-of-a-kind for more than just the spectacular views, funky air stream trailers, quirky details and affordable rates.
When you host your wedding at TCMH you receive free personalized coordination assistance and a dedicated partner in helping you bring your mountain wedding dreams to life. We specialize in complete wedding weekends and in fact at TCMH, you can host an entire weekend of awesome wedding revelry for the price of most single day wedding venue rentals!
When husband and wife owners Cat Greenleaf and Michael Rey purchased the property a few years back, they knew they had found a little piece of paradise. After a few years of hosting weddings and parties for friends they decided to open their doors (and 10 acres) to the public. Cat's goal was to offer a drama-free, affordable venue where the focus was on family, friends and FUN! Renee Alexander, the venue manager was brought on in 2018 to help bring Cat's mission to life by assisting you in finding the right vendors, decor and even accommodation for your guests that fit your budget and style!
Cat has collected a stunning selection of vintage china as well as a wonderful mix of lanterns, table decor and more so that you can rent these items rather than buy them. Let's face it, what are you going to do with 100 mason jars and 50 paper lanterns?
Cat and team have also vetted a myriad of local vendors from photographers to caterers to DJ's to ensure we have a great mix of reliable, quality and affordable vendors for you to choose from. Of course, you're welcome to bring your own licensed and insured vendors.
The aim of TCMH is to be a blank canvas to let your imagination run wild OR the place where you can just grab a case of beer and some champs and come as you are!
THE TCMH PROCESS
- When you contact The Catskill Mountain House we immediately schedule a phone call. We love talking all things wedding and believe nothing compares to an in-person or on the phone chat to see if we are the right fit for you.
- Once we chat, we schedule a tour and provide you with a detailed pricing guide that includes our prices as well as averages for local vendors so you can see a very clear budget and apply it to your plans. We also send you a sample wedding weekend schedule with recommended itineraries and layout for everything from your rehearsal dinner/welcome party, ceremony & reception and hangover brunch.
- To reserve your date there is a $2500 non-refundable deposit that you can pay via PayPal or Chase Pay. The remaining balance is due 90 days prior to your event.
- Once you have made your deposit the fun begins! Many of our couples send us their Pinterest and we start working on recommendations for vendors, decor and weekend itineraries based on their design ideas and budget. We also send our complete TCMH wedding vendor guide that has options for vendors for everything you need as well as local housing options for your guests.
- We create a wedding planning tool for you to track your vendors and key wedding details. We will assist you throughout your planning and are here for you for the smallest questions to big creative planning sessions.
- As your big day approaches we will help you with an hour by hour calendar for your weekend, confirm your vendors and ensure you are all set for your dream wedding weekend.
- As part of your booking with TCMH you receive a free day-of coordinator - we'll be there to literally hold your hand on the day and make sure you are focused on the love, fun and champagne and not if your vendor is there or the flowers are in the right place!
- Our staff is on-site for your full weekend including over-night so you have assistance wherever and whenever you need it. Your booking fee includes staff for cleaning, set-up and tear down so you can relax and let the good times roll!
Want to get started? Email us today to learn more, we'd love to chat with you!